I've actually forgotten about half of the things I was going to update about... Oh well, let's go over a few of them before even those go.
Art exam went really well! I stayed up stupidly late on the night before, as I thought we had to get all the coursework in that morning, but noooooo, we got until Monday morning. But yeah, it was cool. And the end result was really good!
Statistics was okay, I guess. I definitely screwed up one question, but I thought I understood most of the rest of the paper, so I'm hopeful. A lot of people said it was a really hard one, so maybe I'll go up with UMS.
And then... well, the last full week of school EVER was pretty hectic. Monday was the second half of the Art exam, on Tuesday I mounted it and got all of my coursework sorted out completely. No more forced Art, ever!
Wednesday was my last official day with my Year 7s, and they were (mostly) very sweet. My partner and I each got given a massive card from them:
And some of them brought in cookies and cake.
We gave them little versions of my rainbow cards with messages from us inside them, even if mine were rather repetitive and generic (I knew I couldn't come up with something special for every single one of them, as I haven't actually spent enough time with them). We got given a mug each, too, with a class photo on it. And a few of the kids wanted hugs. And one of the boys started crying.
And then I had a pleasant if bitty day with some Maths, sitting in the art block with friends and discussing Doctor Who
while making a mini-portfolio, a rehearsal for our piece at the final assembly, shopping for my costume for the final day, and then back up to the pub for an Art celebration. Oh, and I picked up some things for the final day on my way back, too. ~BlueRhubarb
, when can I drop them off?
Also, my copy of Frost
arrived! And I absolutely adore it. I just need to get back to her to tell her formally how wonderful it is.
On Thursday it was my last full day, and as such there were parties in all classes, and lots of cake and sweets.
And then I stayed up very late sewing together my costume. But it was worth it.
Friday. Oh dear gosh, last day of formal school EVER.
We're invited to dress up as what we wanted/want to be when we grow up. And I thought that vet or teacher would be a bit dull.
So I cosplayed as Green from Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green. I had a Clefairy, Eeve and a Pikachu (the latter two belonging to ~BlueRhubarb
, along with a Pokéball borrowed from !gaarakamaru
which I put a Flareon in, and a fully working Pokédex, as seen in the original cartoon. And I cycled to school with the original RBY cycling music. HELL YES. I could even have had a battle with another trainer who showed up, but in the end we didn't. I didn't get to play my Trainer Battle music.
And, ahem, there was the assembly. Which was amazing. Our Music class performed. Enjoy the hilarity of the sweet shy girl and the douchebag who despise each other performing together.
My hands did not stop shaking for about half an hour after that. And I couldn't watch it back for several days because it triggered an adrenaline rush.
Also, we have the coolest teachers. Every year they make a music video with a song that's been big during our time.And it just had to be Glee.
It's actually fantastic.
I love my school. So. Damn. Much.
Um. And then we all went to the pub. Like, the entire year group. And there was yearbook signing and everyone was super sweet and telling me that I was a legend and hilarious and FFFFF ILU GUYS.
And then when I eventually got home, I told my parents about my day... and then asked my mum, "Hey, did anything come in the post?" I get people to send things to my mum's workplace, as there'll always be someone to accept it from the postman.
And something had come.
ASDFGHJKL Thank you so much Melissa!
ANYWAY. Super-special-awesome week over. And I've sold those two cards now! I'll upload the formal version for prints soon.
BACK TO REVISION FOR MEEEEEEEE. MY EXAMS ARE IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AND I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND C4 MATHEMATICS FFFFFFFFF. I actually bounce between feeling, "I'm going to do alright!" and "I'm totally EFFED."
And... oh yeah, tag-time. But I'm not tagging any of you. For those of you not already bored, you can skip this.
Love and prayers,
Lutra xxTHE RULES:
You must post these rules
-Each tagged person must post 10 things about themselves on their journal
-You have to choose and tag 10 people and post their icons on the same journal
-Go to their pages and tell them you tagged them
-No Tag Back
1. I currently study a range of subjects: Maths, Music and Art. I also did Physics and General Studies last year.
2. I am going to be studying Music at Cardiff University from September, provided I get at least BBB in my A-levels!
3. I am Grade 8 Singing, Grade 7 Viola, Grade 6 Piano and Grade 6 Violin. That doesn't mean I'm all that great at any of them, though!
4. My goal is to be a fantastic and inspirational primary school teacher.
5. My hobbies (whenever I have time for them) include reading, writing, drawing, sewing and playing videogames.
6. I used to be a bit of a weeaboo. But now I'm just a fairly sedate fan of a few decent series of manga/anime.
7. I very, very rarely draw fanart. I'm usually much too busy with school stuff, but fanart doesn't often appeal to me (though I'll look at it). If I'm inspired, it's usually by things my friends have done.
8. Fanfiction is another matter entirely. I think it's really interesting to do! I proof-read for ~dragonnova sometimes, and because of it I'd had the opportunity to get to know a fantastic woman! And I will do more work on Telepathy this summer.
9. I find it hard to develop friendships, on and offline, because I don't know how to slide into a manner of speaking that everyone else seems to use. All those in-jokes? I don't feel welcome/privileged enough to join in, even if I've observed them from the start. So I'm not ignoring you... it's just that the easiest way for me to communicate is fairly formally and politely, and when I have something to say.
10. I have met LittleKuriboh, Yuri Lowenthal, Tara Platt, and Kyle Hebert. I also have the autographs of the latter three, plus those of Mike McFarland, Travis Willingham and Vic Mignona.
Do it if you want to, I'm not going to tag you.